Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Black and White Platter Set

I wanted to make something personalized as a wedding gift for a close friend and thought of a hand-painted platter set with her new last name's initial. Of all our wedding gifts, along with our dinning room table, platters are definitely among the ones we use the most on a regular basis.
I can't take any credit for this, I got the idea, templates and tutorial on how to paint them from the article "Painted Botanical Mugs" by Grace Bonney and Kate Pruitt. I used a Pebeo Porcelaine 150 marker and carbon paper (like the one used to transfer patterns onto fabric) to transfer the design onto the plates.
The set consisted of two flat square platters, one deep square bowl, two smaller square bowls and two trivets. I put them all in a basket and also included six black placemats and napkins to go with the set.




The finished set... Perfect for some hors d'ouvres!


I then  put them in a nice black wicker basket with some matching black placemats and napkins to complete the gift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment